IT / Broadcast Technician
Lakeland Public Television is looking for a full-time IT / Broadcast Technician.
Duties include the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of software, computers, electronics and networking equipment.
Skills must include the ability to troubleshoot and repair all of the above. Television technical and operational experience is not required, but is preferred.
Successful applicants will demonstrate good communications skills, attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure, punctuality, and a willingness to learn. Two-year tech school degree in IT / electronics or equivalent experience required.
LPTV has a long history of stability with an excellent board and staff. We have no debt, a solid cash position, and the start of an endowment fund. We have a strong community presence with an emphasis on local service, including our own nightly local news. We’re also a technology leader and have a strong online presence and are multicasting six digital channels.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including generous PTO, and funded flex spending account with flexible health, life, retirement, and dependent care options. Send resume, letter of application, and three professional references to email@example.com. Position open until filled. EOE.
Lakeland Public Television (LPTV) is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and hard-working full-time web producer to help manage our revamped Lakeland News website and our social platforms. This person will write and post stories, photos and videos to our website. He or she will also send breaking news alerts and post to social media. The ability to write strong headlines is essential. The ideal candidate will have a passion for breaking news as well as for north-central Minnesota, while also being experienced in social media, SEO and other tools to grow LPTV digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers.
The right person for this job will be able to produce fast, compelling and accurate content, and help take our website to the next level as an important source for news and video with a strong local focus. B.A. or B.S. degree (degree in Journalism, Communications, English or other related field preferred). If interested send cover letter, resume, three references, and three writing samples to Lakeland Public Television, Attn: Dennis Weimann, 108 Grant Avenue NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601. or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select and write material for all of our digital platforms.
- Work with reporters and producers on web content.
- Source and write trending stories and tease them effectively on Facebook.
- Manage social media accounts for breaking news, story promotion and audience engagement
- Ensure a smart mix of stories is highlighted on site and that stories are updated with latest developments and visual content
- Know AP style as well as best web-production practices, including SEO, story packaging, and social media
- Have a passion for and knowledge of web metric tools such as Google Analytics, and an ability to spot trends and identify opportunities for Lakeland Public Television
- Monitor daily news continuously, using wires, the scanner, phone calls and other news sources to write content for LPTV.
- Generate relevant local story ideas by making calls and researching using various methods.
- Keep abreast of breaking news and communicate with reporters and assign stories when needed.
- Write some copy, and edit some video for newscasts.
- Must have strong writing skills, with a background in news writing preferred.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have video editing skills.
- Experience working on a media website or within a media organization.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills and be fluent in AP Style.
- Ability to work professionally with station staff to put out the best possible digital product